A lot of stuff comes up under the “Tibet” tag, unfortunately not all of it is great. Here’s a short but not complete list of what we will never reblog.
- Tibetan prayer flags with #spiritual #tibet #buddhism #india #peace #yoga or similar
- Any photo of Tibet with those #
- White people with tattoos in Tibetan (that they can’t read)
- Posts supporting Tibetans only because of their beautiful, spiritual culture, Orientalising and fetishizing Tibetans
- White supremacists using Tibet as an argument for their racist claims to preserve “White culture” (whatever that may be)
- Pictures of monks with #Tibet (even though they are not actually Tibetan)
- Pictures of Buddhist temples outside of Tibet with #Tibet (all Buddhists are the same you see).
- Mandalas with tags like “peace”, “unite” “love” “spiritual” “hippie” “pray” or even as some “rasta” (for unknown reasons)
- Images or news from Tibet identified as in “China” or “Chinese”
- Random assortments of ‘spiritual’ objects from various South East Asian religions in their room as a ‘shrine’. You’d be surprised how many of these come up, generally White people.
- Tour & travel companies advertising holidays in Tibet without mentioning the fact that Tibetans can’t return to their own country and ignoring the whole Chinese occupation thing.
I’m sure I’ll think of more and please do feel free to comment and add to the list!